Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge Peet's Coffee fan. They are part of my regular routine every day. When I travel, I try to bring the right grind (and some back up filters) to enjoy Peet's on the road. Peet's Coffee influences me because...
- They can make the perfect cup of coffee.
- Despite their going public and significant expansion, they have done their best maintaining quality.
- They had mail order when I played pro-ball, so I could have a cup of Peet's every day as part of my routine.
- I have met some cool people there that are now family friends.
- Their coffee is exponentially better than Starbucks.
Who knew that years later I would better grasp a deeper meaning of the line I read in college, by T.S. Eliot: "I have measured out my life with coffee spoons." I am definitely not alone.
In the "I Love Peet's..." contest one of the winning answers was provided by Razan Asbahi:
In my ignorant days, a cup of coffee meant Starbucks or Coffee Bean. …Then I happened upon a Peet’s, by recommendation of a classmate. “It’s heaven sent,” she promised. The first sip proved a truly nirvana-like sensation, tickling my taste buds and coating my throat with a smooth, bold, complex juice. Hallelujah!
What is your favorite coffee?