How do you get bloggers, fans and random Internet folks to make your campaign go viral? Namecheck them in a personalized monologue delivered by a shirtless man, of course! That’s right, everyone’s favorite topless dude, Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa, has been tweeting just-for-you-vids to a bevy of Internet folk all day.
There are so many reasons I love this campaign & a big shout out to W+K's magic and innovation.
Top 5 things I love:
1. Old Spice personifying their brand - this guy is really funny and it is fun to mimick him.
2. Targeted influencers that have strong Twitter presence.
3. Great writing - i can't stop laughing about the Perez Hilton one.
4. Captures Twitter dynamic - One of the cool things about Twitter is watching celebs or other influencers discussions. This takes that dynamic to a whole new level.
5. Gives consumers (and EVERYONE in media) something to talk about.